Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Ebony Sunset



S1E3:  The episode was a black canvas demo, very interesting.  The start of the painting for me was fun blending the sunrise to the sky then creating the little hills over it.  When it came to the foreground it was tricky everything looked blended together and not separate pieces.
So I used the contrasting colour technique.  I lightly applied a purple hue to the foreground elements.

Did it work? I'm not sure.  Out and Onward!

Also just want to add I watched an episode of ArtCamp for landscape digital painting.  The mini compositions to study the objects was a really great tip.  I will be constructing them before starting a  painting.

And a link to all the Bob Ross paintings https://1209k.com/bobross/ for comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment